- View linked slideshow images:
- Slideshow image #1
As part of the Environmental Health Officer’s role, the inspection of tobacco retailers, eating establishments, gaming venues, hotels or other licensed premises are conducted annually to ensure compliance under the Tobacco Act 1987.
There are many regulations regarding tobacco advertising, signage and the display of tobacco products. More information can be found at the Tobacco Reforms website.
Council has elected to take part in the Cigarette Sales to Minors program which is a Victorian Government initiative. A young person under the age of 18 years is regularly employedto attempt to purchase tobacco products from retailers.
If you are aware that a retailer is selling tobacco products to people under the age of 18 years, please report this to the Environmental Health Officer.
Council aims to reduce harm from tobacco smoke by:
- enforcing smoke-free dining for all eating establishments
- regulating the display and advertising of tobacco products
- banning illegal tobacco products
- enforcing smoke-free workplaces, including licensed premises