View linked slideshow images:
Slideshow image #1

Council inspects existing signs regularly and replaces damaged or illegible signs in a priority order according to the available budget. The priority with which signs are repaired depends upon their safety importance.

Please advise Council if you note a missing or damaged sign and Council will check that it is listed on our records system. It will not necessarily be replaced if higher safety issue signs are listed.

Tourist and service signage

Tourist and Service signs are primarily provided for the guidance of motorists and to facilitate safe, efficient and orderly travel.

People or groups seeking approval to use tourist attraction and/or service signs within the road reserves should lodge an application form with the Council. Signing needs should be initially discussed with the Council and/or Vicroads’ Regional Signing Officer.

In many cases the application will need to be passed on to, or at least co-managed by Vicroads.