Household Recycling Collection
Council provides a kerbside recycling service for all residential households in Ararat. A 240-litre mobile recycling bin is provided as part of the service and this should be placed on the nature strip on the night prior to the day of collection.
Collections are fortnightly on the same day as your household waste collection.
Have a look at the Related Document 'Recycling Calendar 2011' for more information.
All recyclable items should be place in the bin.
The following items can be recycled:
- cardboard boxes, flattened – no waxed cardboard boxes
- milk and juice containers
- plastic containers
- papers and magazines – loose, not tied
- glass bottles and jars
- plastic soft drink bottles
- steel cans – no paint tins or oil cans
- aluminium cans
- aerosol cans
- separated lids
Have a look at the Related Document "What to Recycle and What Not to Recycle in your Bin" for more information.
It is important not to contaminate recyclable materials with non-recyclable materials. To that end, please do not place any of the following into your recycling bin:
- waxed cardboard cartons
- light globes
- crockery or window glass
- broken glass
- plastic shopping bags
- motor oil containers
- polystyrene cups, meat trays and take away containers
- medical waste containers and sharps bins
- animal droppings
- garden (green) waste
- household garbage
If in doubt, leave it out!!